Thursday, December 10, 2020

Wrapped Human Body - Visual Work/ Statement

    For this project I was tasked with selecting a theme and then creating some sort of visual image of a human body wrapped in some sort of material. The theme I chose was 'Surrealism'. I had an idea right away. I wanted to create a floating almost ghost like wrapped human body to show the surrealism of a floating figure. To add to the surreal and creepy aspect of my work, I want to an empty beach on a very dreary day to amplify the feeling of emptiness and surrealism. To create the image I wrapped my roommate in a bed sheet and had him stand on a bar stool in the water. I took a picture of that and then a picture from the same angle but without him or the stool in the picture. From there I went into photoshop and overplayed the images and erased the stool and played with the contest and grey scale to come up with my final product. Overall I believe that it turned out pretty good. It is visually pleasing to look at and for sure looks surrealistic and gives off a feeling of emptiness as well. The wrapped human body in the center of the image draws the viewers eye in right away because it looks out of place. Then the shore line points directly to the floating figure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrapped Human Body - Visual Work/ Statement

    For this project I was tasked with selecting a theme and then creating some sort of visual image of a human body wrapped in some sort of...