Thursday, December 10, 2020

Dinner & A Movie - Visual Work/ Statement

     For this project I was tasked with selecting a movie and from there creating a dinner scene or set up that would represent that movie using visual imagery and metaphors to connect to the theme or plot. The movie I chose was 'Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith'.  For those who have not seen this film, it is about treachery, revenge, and loss. Of all of the Star Wars films, this is probably the darkest. That being said, it is clear the feeling that is given off by my dinner set up. On the plate I set up two lemons. One of them is going rotten and the other in great shape. This is to represent Anakin Skywalker who falls
to the dark side  and the other one represents Obi-Wan Kenobi who is good but yet is still effected by the actions of Anakin in a very serious way. The lemon that is representing Anakin is bleeding and that blood is covering a majority of the plate and is also coming into contact with Obi-Wan's 
lemon. This is to visually show that what Anakin does in the movie is so drastic that it can even pierce the purest of Jedi. I used red lighting and aspects of red because the color red is what represents the Sith & the dark side. I wanted the scene to make the viewer feel the anger and fear that is what the Sith evoke in individuals. I think that I did so pretty well. Overall, I really enjoyed this project and the way it turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrapped Human Body - Visual Work/ Statement

    For this project I was tasked with selecting a theme and then creating some sort of visual image of a human body wrapped in some sort of...